Along a Coastal Road

Along a Coastal Road
Photo by Reverend Steve Waites

Monday, June 29, 2015

Following Spirits Direction




I do not know exactly how others follow their direction from Spirit. I can only share how it works for me. Many years ago when I was taking some spiritual classes, we were asked to meditate and connect with our guide. I discovered a number of guides who seemed to be working with me, and I always figured the one who was the best one for my particular situation would be the one who helped me at that time.

I was a single parent, funds were not abundant and I wanted to be sure I got the best bargain for my money. When I needed an item be it clothing, some item for the house, whatever a store would always come to mind,  I would go and look for what I needed, however to be sure it was the “best” item I would then go to other stores to compare either price or see if they had a better item. After a while I realized that the store that had come to mind was the one I went back to, and from then on went to the place that first occurred to me and bought the item, or at least found what I wanted.
Over time trusting in that lead me to following more and more direction and now it seems quite natural for me. I related these steps as to a child learning how to walk, practice makes perfect. I also need to add that sometimes I did not follow this practice and when I did not,  
I wished that I had.


I retired a couple of years ago, and a very good friend was determined that I was not going to sit at home and got me involved with several groups that she was involved with, and I certainly was not home very much. Over the past year or so, I have felt that I needed to move to a location other than here in San Jose, California, but I did not know where. I had done some searching on the computer. but nothing hit home so to speak. My son and his family live in Colorado and wanted me to move there, but it snows and I do not do well in the high altitude. Another friend lives in Oregon, but that did not feel like where I was to go. Then this Easter I was at a conference in Scottsdale, Arizona and a friend who lives outside of Phoenix in Chandler  had invited me to spend an evening with her after the conference was over. She came and picked me up and off we went.

She lives in a retirement community and has a house, which I fell in love with. It was so quiet and peaceful. We drove down a road going to dinner and were beside a Native American Reservation, red luscious dirt, with the mountains surrounding the valley and I thought I had come home and I knew this was the area I needed to move to.

I am still working on the logistics of this move. I need to sell my condo here in San Jose before I can buy a place in Arizona. I have just returned from looking at places in the Chandler area but was only looking as I do not want to overextend myself financially. Amazing what looking will do for letting go of unneeded items, and emotional attachments. 

I had gotten a moving estimate of packing/storing/delivering etc. of most of my items and it was a lot of money. More than I wanted to pay. After this trip of looking I eliminated more of the furniture to move because I felt it would be too big for the places I was seeing. I look at this as another way Spirit is helping me to let go of the past. Now my move looks like small pieces of furniture, some belonged to my mother, books, dishes, and angels,  
of which I have a lot! I have a lot of clothes too.

Now it is time for me to pack, dispose of what I no longer need, and leave this home of almost 30 years. I look at this as my second life. Not everyone has this opportunity, I know that Spirit has a new home for me, I just need to find it.  This life adventure continues.


 My Simple Tools to connect with Spirit.

I have always been very appreciative of “Spirits” guidance and every day I ask for protection and guidance and in the evening as I lay in bed I thank “Spirit” for their  
guidance and protection.


As I wake up each day I sit on the side of the bed take some deep breaths and welcome the new day. I ask my guides and angels to be with me for protection and guidance in my highest and best interests.



As I lay down in bed with my head on the pillow I thank my guides and angels for protecting and guiding me in my highest and best interests today and as I sleep tonight.


Reverend Sandy Clark, D.D. served as president of Universal Church of the Master for twelve years retiring in 2013. She received her Ordination through Universal Church of the Master in 1985. 

Reverend Clark was instrumental in the development of the UCM Graduate and Undergraduate Degree Programs as she was president of UCM through the development and implementation of both.


Reverend Clark and her team were responsible for developing the website, and online foot print of the organization.

Reverend Clark worked for 20 years doing accounting work  
with a private label co-operative canning company with the responsibility of   paying its members for product delivered for processing, implemented payment procedures, and was responsible for payments to vendors for services related to receiving the product at its various plants for processing.  She started her bookkeeping business when the local office moved out of the area and then handled the records and payments to Limited Partnerships that had been established to enhance the co-operative.  

Reverend Clark currently serves as Trustee and Secretary to the Board for Sacred Foundations, Inc. We are happy to have her expertise and experience as a part of our organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment