Along a Coastal Road

Along a Coastal Road
Photo by Reverend Steve Waites

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

A Personal Spirituality

Photograph by Reverend Steve Waites

I am often asked why I have spent so much time studying spirituality, and since I have, why I don't practice it full time.  I have spent many years studying and attending courses from naturopathy, women's spirituality, studying numerous forms of religions, akashic record reading, past life regression, crystal healing, and reiki, just to name a few.  But my ‘day job’ is in a large company working on strategy.  

And sometimes I ask myself the same question.


But then I think about the way I live my life, the way my spiritual training and practice has impacted my life.  From how I view the happenings in my life, both the joyful times as well as the challenges, the way I can take a step back and look at the actions of others through the lens of the situation being possibly a soul lesson, and maybe not as hurtful as it might seem. To watch the world around me, the actions taken on the public stage, and realizing a larger purpose is at play.  Or just taking a walk along the water and being awestruck by the beauty, the divine energy that can flow through you when you can take the time to be at one with nature.  

I have often struggled with my decision not to open my own business related to all my spiritual training. But then I realized that spirituality, and how we practice it, can be done any time, anywhere - not just in an official setting, but how we turn up in our jobs, the energy we can infuse into our daily interactions with our family, coworkers, store assistants, the barista at the local coffee shop. And most importantly, how we care for ourselves.

We can all be spiritual practitioners, with the ability to teach others through our actions and words, regardless of how we decide to live our lives. We all have the capacity to heal, to love and to support others.



Reverend Kristina Breen, B.S.
Sacred Foundations, Inc.
Director and Treasurer  

No comments:

Post a Comment